ArchForKids School Programs
Our core program is a 2- to 12-session residency. Schools select a theme, from All Around My Community to Bridges: From Here to There (click here to see some possibilities), and our experienced design facilitators take it from there. In an optional end-of-residency celebration, students present their work to their families and school community members.
- 60 minute sessions (other timeframes are possible upon discussion)
- Grades pre-K – 12
- Maximum 5 classes/day
- Priced by the day: $350 per day for 1 class, $500/day for 2 classes, $600/day for 3 classes, $700/day for 4 classes and $800/day for 5 classes
- Price includes two ArchForKids educators for each class, project outline, materials and a planning session
Enrich your afterschool program with a multi-session ArchForKids residency. It can range from “Adventures in Architecture,” with a different building activity each week, or a thematic series on a topic you select. We infuse all hands-on projects with math, science, and social studies content in a fun, engaging way. Pricing begins at $200/session. Includes two educators and materials.
A concentrated one-day program in which students use the design process to pose a challenge, find, build and test possible solutions. At the end, participants present – and defend! – their work to their peers. A great way to culminate a unit of study or animate a Maker Space. Possible topics include Space Colony Design, A Structure to Benefit Your Community, Continents Around the World, Park Re-Design, and many other possibilities.
- Minimum 2 hours for each design challenge, up to 2 classes per day
- Approx $500 for one class, $650 for two, depending on session length & materials
- Two ArchForKids educators facilitate the design challenge
- Grades 1-12
ArchForKids helps educators use project-based learning and their students’ world – from school building to neighboring parks and structures – to bring the subjects they teach to life. By providing teachers with strategies to integrate architectural landmarks into their social studies/math/science/art/ELA lesson plans, students make the connection between the real world and the concepts they need to know for future success.
- 90 minute workshop: $350
- One-day workshop: $650