ArchForKids School Programs
Our core program is a 2- to 12-session STEAM-based residency that enrichens curriculum. Schools select a grade level and theme, from All Around My Community to Bridges: From Here to There (click here to see some possibilities), and our experienced design facilitators take it from there. In an optional end-of-residency celebration, students present their work to their families and the school community.
- 60 minute sessions (other time frames are possible upon discussion)
- Grades pre-K – 12
- Maximum 5 classes/day
- Priced by the day: $500 for 1 class, $625/day for 2 classes, $725/day for 3 classes, $825/day for 4 classes and $925/day for 5 classes
Price includes a planning session, written curriculum, staffing and materials. Certain topics, such as Chair Masters Design Studio, may require a modest extra materials fee. Virtual programming available for approximately $300 per class.
Enrich your afterschool program with a series designed by ArchForKids. It can range from “Adventures in Architecture,” with a different building activity each week, to a thematic series on a topic you select. We infuse all hands-on projects with math, science, art and social studies content in a fun, engaging way. Pricing begins at $225/session in person, $150 virtually.
A concentrated one-day program where students use the design process to respond to a challenge. They brainstorm, design, build and test possible solutions. At the end, participants present their work to their peers. A great way to culminate a unit of study, investigate a community issue or do fun group work. Possible topics include Space Colony Design, Continents Around the World, Park Re-Design, and many other possibilities.
- Minimum 1.5-hour program, up to an entire school day
- Several classes can be accommodated at once in a large space (gym, cafeteria, etc.)
- Priced according to number of students and time frame – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for price quotes
- Design Challenges can also be done in a virtual format
- Grades K-12
ArchForKids helps educators use project-based STEAM learning – and the built environment – to enrich the subjects they teach. We provide teachers with strategies to integrate architecture into their social studies/math/science/art/ELA lesson plans. Then their students can make the connections between the real world and the concepts/skills they need for future success. Can be done in-person or remotely.
- 90 minute workshop: $400
- half-day workshop: $800